Thursday, November 17, 2011

Monthly Milestones

It pains me to say that Liam has reached his 3 (and 1/2) month milestone. I don't know what it is, but all I want to do is find the giant pause button to life and pounce on it. My little boy is growing up waaaay too fast and I can't even take it. Okay so maybe 3 months doesn't sound old BUT when you are a new mommy, it feels like I should already be planning his sweet sixteen! I guess I just want to cherish every single second I have with him as much as I can. When I see that time is literally flying by, I fear that I haven't cherished his precious moments long enough. I know, I have officially turned into a sappy mom... I can't help it.

So 3 months have come and gone and I can't even begin to explain how much my sweet boy has changed and grown. He turns into a new baby every week, seriously. I wanted to share some of the milestones he as reached in his beginning...

Liam Month 1
Liam Month 2
Liam Month 3
Okay, so clearly the little man hasn't missed a meal. He definitely gained a set of cheekers in month 2. Yumm! They are delicious. He has also taken me on quite the ride reaching so many milestones. Here are some that I will forever cherish..

* He checks out everything! Those traveling eyes now lock in on things... especially mommy ;).

*Play yard=FUN! As soon as he lays under this music playing contraption, he starts smiling and talking away. It is seriously precious and I have an insane amount of video footage. No joke.

*The sweetness that is bath time. Little man just loves soaking up the suds and relaxing in his whale tub. He can no finally take the cold! whew.
*A smiling fool----that's what he is! Little leap smiles so much and he is starting to giggle (melt my heart). I am in love with snapping pics of that dimpled cuteness. * He is so strong. He loves to stand (with help of course) and he just started the whole---I really want to sit up and I'm going to try even though I can only get my head up thing.

* He loves to talk! I swear I have a full conversation with him....filled with lots of babble and smiles. I absolutely love that I can talk to him and he will respond and react. These are the sweetest parts of my day. I eat up every second!

*We figured out nap time!!!!! I know this sounds so not exciting, but you seriously have no idea how difficult it can be to determine a sleep routine that works for an infant. Especially an infant that doesn't so much understand the word "consistent". He sure relayed the "I need to nap now" message to me and I stuck with it.

*He has started to somewhat sleep through the night. That's a huge SOMEWHAT. If he doesn't have a stuffy nose and has great naps during the day, he gives mommy that much needed full-night of sleep. I sure do love those nights ;D

*Liam officially discovered the TV. I love watching him gaze at that colorful screen and just be totally interested. I know, TV already!?! I make sure he is watching something super infant-educational. Meaning---bright colors, cute characters, happy-happy-happy stuff. Whatever, it is so stinkin' cute!

*We started cereal! He is so good at eating up all the deliciousness that is in rice and oatmeal. I love wiping off that messy face when he is all done.

So here are a few of the million and one other milestones he has reached. I am blown away with how much he has changed and grown. I love every second of it and don't want to forget one bit of it. He continues to amaze me and become more and more precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment