Friday, May 27, 2011

23 Week Update

On Sunday I will officially be 23 weeks! I am still trying to wrap my brain around that one. This pregnancy has been sailing by.

Luckily, I have been dealt easy cards these last few months. I am feeling great and my body has gratefully accepted the massive watermelon protruding from my middle! Did I say massive??? Well I forgot to mention, since my last photo-up my entirely too bloated belly decided (after eating waaaay too much food) to just not go back down one night. I'm not sure if this growth spurt was self inflicted OR if my little guy was just filling up more space!?!

Take a peek at one of my recent turn of events...
I give you mommy-to-be just shy of 6 months in. Surprisingly, the picture doesn't do justice to what my pants are screaming to me. (which is "streeeeeetch") My initial confidence in struttin' around in a bathing suit this summer is kind of coming to a halt! I might just be wrapped head to toe in an over sized beach towel sitting pool side..... oh joy!

Friends, if you see me laying out next to you, please don't judge ;)

So I thought I'd give an update on what my little man's been up to in that womb of mine and fill you in on what all he has accomplished. He's sure making me smile :D

*He can now hear the sounds going on outside of his little home. The loud noises such as me vacuuming and his big bro Cooper barking are becoming familiar to him. Hopefully he will be used to them when he arrives. I guess you could say the boys (Cooper and baby) have kind of met! awwww.

*My little man is now feeling the beat! He now has a sense of movement and can feel me dance around. With all my Kindergarten dancing going on, he will be coming out of the womb doing "The Body Rock".

*He should be a little over a 1lb and over 11 inches long, about the length of an ear of corn.

* Apparently, this week he should start "chubbing" up! That means momma will too.... Oh dear! He will officially be looking like a little baby.

As you can see, he has been pretty busy in there. I figured! With all the twists, turns and jolts going on, I knew he was up to something! Miracles are happening every day in there and it totally melts my heart.

Before I come to a close, I must show you a pic of my recent purchase from the always incredible Target! These navy blue canvas shoes were to die for..... I could NOT resist! (Can you seriously picture him with his little polo and khakis on paired with these kicks!! A-dorable:D)

No comments:

Post a Comment